Quarter – Organic Pasture Heritage Pork – Bulk Deposit Form
Note: Pay the balance of $116.25 for the whole unbutchered pork, and $141 for the butchered custom cut whole pork when order is confirmed.
Organic Pasture-Raised Heritage Pork
Our all-natural pasture-raised hogs are a heritage variety known as Tamworth, which is one of the oldest pig breeds and is closely related to wild boar. Many people consider it to have the most flavour of any pork variety.
We raise them free-range on organic pastures, with the same care and kindness we lavish on all of our animals, and with zero antibiotics, steroids, or synthetic hormones.
- Free-range pasture-raised, from spring to fall.
- Raised without the use of artificial hormones, antibiotics, or other growth-promoting drugs.
- Fed on organically grown, 100% plant and vegetable-based feeds, with certified organic non-GMO grains.
- Processed by hand at a regulated, government inspected and family-owned local butcher shop.
- Packaged and labelled in individual cuts.
- Available fresh-frozen & ready for your freezer.
We have a limited supply of pork, and it often sells out, so we would recommend getting your order in right away. Place a deposit below to secure your order, and the balance will be due on pickup or delivery.
You can choose a whole, half or quarter hog — they are priced at $per pound, dressed weight / hanging side weight.
- Quarter hog estimated dressed weight: 55 lbs (5.75/lb + $25 butcher fee)
Dressed weight means the initial weight of the entire side before dry-aging and butchering. The total weight of your pork cuts will be approximately 65% of the dressed weight, after butchering into individual cuts and removal of unnecessary bone and fat.
This specialty pork is limited year-round so contact us and pay your deposit to secure your spot.
We deliver to you in Windsor Essex County. If you are out of our region, contact us for more shipping instructions.
A great selection to have in your freezer:
Although each order differs a little in overall weight, the average quarter hog gives you between 35 and 40 pounds of pork. Here’s how a typical quarter hog breaks down into finished cuts:
- Two 4-lb smoked hams…
- 5-lbs of smoked bacon in 1-pound packets…
- 1.5-lb packet of spare ribs…
- 1-lb packet of riblets…
- 5.5-lbs of sausages…
- 8-lbs of pork chops…
- one shoulder roast, approx. 3.5-lbs…
- one butt roast, approx. 5-lbs.
A half hog will give you double these amounts, and a whole hog will be 4× as much.
The meat ships to you frozen in a convenient 12”×12”×12” box. One quarter hog fills about 1/4 of an average fridge freezer.