The vegan diet is abundant in nutrients, but given the demanding world we live in, we can all benefit from some expert nutrition advice. To keep ourselves in balance, we look to the Instagram accounts and websites of vegan nutritionists and registered dietitians. These individuals keep us motivated to stay on track with their informational posts, satisfying recipes, and relatable captions. Here are nine vegan nutrition experts to start following today.
1. Tracye McQuirter, MPH“I truly believe that being vegan is all about practicing love, freedom, and joy—not deprivation,” Tracye McQuirter (@byanygreens) says. Her work as a public health nutritionist and a proud vegan trailblazer clearly reflects that belief. As a 30-year vegan, McQuirter has dedicated herself to making veganism a positive and inclusive space for communities of color. Empowering and supporting the Black community to embrace a healthy vegan lifestyle is central to her mission, which is why she started the 10,000 Black Vegan Women Movement, a program equipped with nutritious meal-prep tips, wholesome recipes, and grocery shopping lists.
2. Taylor Wolfram, MS, RDN, LDNTaylor Wolfram is an inspiring embodiment of an anti-diet, anti-racist, and ethical vegan dietitian. Her work is centered on shunning diet culture, fighting back on the toxic narratives that perpetuate fatphobia and unhealthy relationships with food, and educating the public about fallacies on veganism and eating disorders. Wolfram’s core message? Advocacy and activism requires us to have a healthy relationship with ourselves so we can dedicate our best to the causes we are fighting for. Her Instagram (@taylorwolframrd) combines positive affirmations with enticing food photos while her website offers a deeper education on anti-racism, anti-diet, and body liberation resources.
3. Radhi Devlukia Shetty, AHCRadhi Devlukia-Shetty’s bubbly personality and fun dances in her kitchen are bound to bring joy to your days. While she has a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, she sought out a more holistic approach to wellness and later earned a degree in Ayurvedic Health Counselling. The Instagrammer (@radhidevlukia) uses the sacred knowledge of Ayurveda and her love for Indian cuisine to create recipes that bring Western and Eastern cuisines into one harmonious, mouthwatering meal. In addition to food, her content includes words of wisdom on mindful, conscious living.
4. Jennifer Rodriguez, RDNJennifer Rodriguez is a bilingual registered dietitian based in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Her private practice—Food is Vida—offers nutrition consultation and food photography services. She embraces the concepts of food nourishing our souls, bringing communities together, and staying true to one’s cultural roots. Follow her Instagram (@foodisvida) for vibrant vegan photography and delicious plant-based adventures!
5. Grace Pascale, MS, RDNGrace Pascale is all about living with intention. She focuses her work on encouraging a healthy attitude toward one’s body image, abolishing the “good and bad food” labels, and communicating evidence-based nutrition science in a manner easily accessible to all. If you enjoy “What I Eat in a Day” videos for endless recipe ideas, her YouTube channel has plenty of them. On Instagram (@babybychickpeas), expect day-in-the-life-style photos including meals, homelife, and her adorable vegan daughter.
6. Dahlia Marin, RDN and James Marin, RDN, ENThis dynamic duo specializes in plant-based integrative medical nutrition. They co-founded the Institute of Plant Based Medicine (IOBPM)—an organization that implements a multi-specialty approach combining plant-based nutrition with evidence-based medicine to prevent, treat, and/or reverse disease. Follow this vegan power couple on Instagram (@marriedtohealth) for vegan nutrition tips, recipes for kids and adults, safe DIY household cleaning products, and sustainable home hacks.
7. Catherine Perez, MS, RDCatherine Perez will get anyone on the bowl food bandwagon. Her satiating vegan recipes are packed with delicious lentil stews, beans, whole grains, and good-for-you greens. Along with mouthwatering food photos, she offers wellness tips, cooking classes, and accessible vegan grocery lists on her website and Instagram account (@plantbasedrd). Perez’s mission is to showcase the delightful ways of living as a vegan and to educate those around her to make their own decisions at their own pace. If you need to baby-step your way toward healthier eating, Perez will hold your hand the entire time.
8. Emily Fitzgerald, APD Emily Fitzgerald is a vegan Accredited Practicing Dietitian based out of Australia. In addition to food, smoothie, and latte recipes, her Instagram (@thevegetitian) posts include nutrition comparisons, accessible plant-based sources of key nutrients, recommended reads for plant-based nutrition, and sustainability tips in the kitchen. Want more? Book a one-on-one virtual consultation with her through the plant-based dietitian coalition, PB Nutrition.
9. Alexandra Caspero, MA, RDN and Whitney English, MS, RDThese powerful moms are helping fellow parents navigate the misinformation around raising vegan kids. Backed by scientific research, their Plant-Based Juniors company offers a positive, inclusive, and open-minded space for parents of different dietary preferences. Their website and Instagram (@plantbasedjuniors) include resources for pregnant moms and new moms with picky eaters. Give them a follow to receive healthy recipes, supplement advice, feeding tips, simple swaps, and plenty of advice to feel less overwhelmed as a parent and more at ease with your growing child’s health.
Shriya Swaminathan is a graduate student at the Washington University School of Medicine who is working on using alternatives to animal models to study kidney biology and disease.
Photo credit: Plantbasedrd
Please support independent
vegan media and get the very best
in news, recipes, travel, beauty, products,
and more.Subscribe now to the world’s #1 plant-based magazine!
Give a Gift